Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, PCA Pharmacy has served long-term care and institutional healthcare facilities since 1994. With the guiding imperative to meet and exceed the resident’s needs, PCA partners with personal/skilled care or assisted living facilities to address the unique pharmacy needs of their residents through specialized clinical and operational support services. Quality is not a goal; it is our basic operating tenet. Exceptional professional service and personal concern are our commitments.
PCA Pharmacy is an Ancillary division of Trilogy Health Services, which is an award winning company that is leading the way in employee benefits, professional development, personal wellness and recognition. We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including:
PCA Nuscript Pharmacy in Nashville, TN is in search of an IV Pharmacy Technician to work Monday-Friday 10am-6:30pm. Previous IV experience is preferred. **Pharmacy Technician Certification is required upon hire for this position.
Processes and compounds injectable medications using proper aseptic technique and accurate calculations under the direction of a Pharmacist. Provides assistance with labeling and recording amounts and dosages of medications according to prescription orders.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Receives written prescription or refill requests for injectable medications and supplies for filling new orders and refills. Ensures and verifies that information is complete and accurate.
2. Ensures proper product packaging and labeling in accordance with Company procedures and regulatory requirements.
3. Maintains adequate inventory of injectable medications and supplies.
4. Cleans, monitors IV Clean Room, Ante Room, IV Stock Area, work stations, medication refrigerators/freezers.
5. Tracks and records IV pump information on pump log, monitor preventative maintenance dates.
6. Responds to questions or requests. Directs inquires as needed to various departments.
7. Maintains proper storage and security conditions for drugs.
8. Utilizes safe and sanitary techniques in handling medications.
9. Assists with special projects as needed.
11. Meets Expectations of Excellence for position.
12. Supports location, departmental goals, and the overall objectives of the Company.
13. Complies with all laws, regulations and standards of ethical conduct.
14. Responsible for uncompromising levels of cleanliness and safety.
15. Leads by Example (LBE), upholds and promotes the culture, mission and values of the Company.
16. Performs all job duties with a friendly positive and team-oriented approach.
17. Maintains professional/technical competencies and proficiencies for job responsibilities.
18. Complies with all Company policies, procedures, rules and standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Fundamental electronic medical/pharmacy tools, computerized systems, concepts, practices, and procedures.
Federal and state regulations, facility policies, procedures and programs as pertaining to pharmacy, long term care industry and rehab services.
Compliance with external regulatory agencies and organizations for all areas of responsibility.
Preparing, processing and maintaining transaction documentation, files and records.
Project management from conception to evaluation, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and adhere to deadlines.
Ongoing development of a servant leadership culture that strives to achieve the highest ethical standards.
Organization with strong attention to detail.
Understand and interpret pharmacy information and data.
Arrange items or actions in a certain order pattern according to a specific rule or set of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures, mathematical operations).
Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Identify and recommend solutions to problems.
Manage multiple tasks and deadlines accurately and efficiently.
Maintain confidentiality and professional discretion.
Organize, prioritize and track multiple tasks with strong attention to efficiency and detail.
Work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team environment.
Provide a high level of customer service in a calm and professional manner.