1. Manages and assists the pharmacy team in the dispensing of compounded preparations by reviewing and interpreting physician orders; identifying and correcting therapeutic incompatibilities, and verifying proper compounding and labeling of final preparation(s).
2. Provides pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals; counseling facility staff on drug therapies.
3. Assists with the dosing of compounded preparations, including but not limited to: antibiotics, parenteral nutrition, hydration therapy, and pain management.
4. Acts as a resource to pharmacy and facility staff with the dosing, use, monitoring, and precautions around the use of compounded preparations.
5. Manages the workflow processes which may include pharmacist verification, labeling/packaging, quality assurance with barcode verification and delivery with barcode tote checking.
6. Provides therapeutic monitoring services and dosing adjustment recommendations in a timely and effective manner
7. Plans for and effectively follows-up with facilities and pharmacy staff to ensure timely and accurate dispensing of refills
8. Utilizes computer systems to screen for drug interactions, therapeutic duplication, drug-disease contradictions, drug allergies, geriatric precautions, drug-food precautions and adult min-max dose checking.
9. In conjunction with the pharmacy’s Pharmacist-In-Charge and/or Designated Person, assist with the training and development of staff in the sterile and/or nonsterile compounding area
10. Assists in the maintenance of records, such as pharmacy files, patient profiles, charge system files and inventories, narcotics, or controlled drugs.
11. Develops staff pharmacological knowledge by participating in clinical programs; training pharmacy staff, interns, residents and health care professionals.
12. Ensures compliance with state and federal rules and regulations around the compounding of sterile and/or
nonsterile compounded preparations.
13. Protects patients and technicians by adhering to infection-control protocols.
14. Minimal travel including overnight stay as necessary
15. Meets Expectations of Excellence for position.
16. Supports campuses, departmental goals and the overall objectives of the Company.
17. Complies with all laws, regulations and standards of ethical conduct.
18. Performs all job duties with a friendly positive and team-oriented approach.
19. Maintains required licenses or certifications in good standing with the State.
20. Complies with all Company policies, procedures, rules and standards.
- Bachelors of Science (B. S.) or Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) degree accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE).
- Active State Pharmacist License in Good Standing
- Five (5) years’ experience in a pharmacy environment preferred. Healthcare, senior living industry or longterm
care environment preferred.
- Two (2) years’ experience in sterile and/or nonsterile compounding preferred.
- Exemplary computer skills that include knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite of products.
PCA Pharmacy complies with applicable Federal civil rights laws and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, disability, or sex.
PCA Pharmacy cumple con las leyes federales de derechos civiles aplicables y no discrimina por motivos de raza, color, nacionalidad, edad, discapacidad o sexo
PCA Pharmacy 注意：如果您使用繁體中文，您可以免費獲得語言援助服務。請致電
Headquartered in Louisville, Kentucky, PCA Pharmacy has served long-term care and institutional healthcare facilities since 1994. With the guiding imperative to meet and exceed the resident’s needs, PCA partners with personal/skilled care or assisted living facilities to address the unique pharmacy needs of their residents through specialized clinical and operational support services. Quality is not a goal; it is our basic operating tenet. Exceptional professional service and personal concern are our commitments.
PCA Pharmacy is an Ancillary division of Trilogy Health Services, which is an award winning company that is leading the way in employee benefits, professional development, personal wellness and recognition. We invite you to learn more about our unique culture and the exciting opportunities that exist within our organization.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including: